AJ Yawn is the founder and CEO of ByteChek, a Miami-based venture-backed cybersecurity startup. AJ is a seasoned cyber security professional with over a decade of senior information security and compliance experience.
AJ advises startups on cloud security, serves as a Cloud Compliance speaker and instructor for the SANS Institute, and is a Founding Board member of the National Association of Black Compliance and Risk Management professions.
Before Bytechek, AJ served as a senior member of an international cybersecurity consulting firm. AJ also spent over five years on active duty in the United States Army, earning the rank of Captain, serving in a senior information security capacity both in deployed and stateside environments.
In this week episode, AJ shares with us his wisdom and insights on:
- 0:00: Podcast intro
- 1:18 - On the journey that led him to become one of the few black founder in the cybersecurity space
- 3:38 - 3 keys that help him keep going in the midst of challenges and have access to room that few have access to
- 8:47 - Why culture is his top priority and how he is building a unique culture at ByteChek around 4 core values
- 16:47 - How he is contributing to close the diversity gap in the cybersecurity field and his advice for minorities who want to break into this field
- 22:38 - 2 trends in cyber security that business owners and consumers should keep an eye on
- 25:04 - His secret super power and much more