Kenasha Paul is the Founder and CEO of the Black Professionals Network (BPN), the fastest growing degree-to-industry professional pathway organization with the mission to advance careers, power up businesses, and build up social capital for black professionals. Her work is centered on connecting like-minded black professionals together and sourcing career opportunities from public and private companies with a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As of December 2021, she was named by Mayor Francis Suarez as Director of the Venture Miami Opportunity Program, housed at FIU’s Office of Engagement as part of the novel partnership between City of Miami and Florida International University. She serves as a critical connector, alongside the Venture Miami team, by connecting women entrepreneurs of color with investors, venture capitalists, and resources in #MiamiTech.
In this week episode, Kenasha shares with us her wisdom and insights on:
- The amazing story of the evolution of BPN from a summit in 2014 to an organization with multiple chapters in 2022
- Her role and responsibilities as Miami Venture Opportunity Director
- He biggest lessons learned building BPN from the ground up and why some cliches are really not cliches but deep truths
- The 5 key skills leaders need to develop to keep growing their organization
- The future of work trend she is the most excited about and that will bring more opportunities for the black talent
- The 3 famous people she would love to have dinner and so much more